• Pizza dough — can use homemade from the recipe included or store bought. You can
also ask to buy some dough at your favorite pizzeria and they’re usually happy to sell
• Mozzarella cheese — I love to use fresh mozzarella chunks, but shredded is fine. Or
even a different cheese as long as it has a good melt factor
• Marinara sauce — can use homemade or a jar of your favorite brand
• Fresh basil (optional)
To Make Pizzatashen:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking sheet(s) with parchment
2. Cut or tear your pizza dough into smaller pieces, and flatten with a rolling pin
3. Place pieces of dough on baking sheets and add 1-2 teaspoon of sauce to the middle
of each dough round.
4. Top with cheese (and you can also add other topping like anchovy, garlic, mushroom
5. Pinch the dough at three points to create the three corners of the hamantashen
and .make sure to pinch tightly to properly seal the corners so no spillover
6. Bake until dough is cooked and cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes
7. While the pizzatashen are baking, roll your basil leaves together and chop into fine
strips to garnish your pizzatashen while they’re still hot. Yum!
Leave a Reply.